VMQ O-Rings, resistant to hot air, ozone and UV rays
VMQ O-Rings provide an excellent resistance to aging, oxygen, ozone, UV rays as well as a wide temperature range including a high flexibility into cold environment. VMQ is also a good electrical insulator and is highly gas permeable.
Because of their low mechanical properties, VMQ O-Rings are mainly used in static applications. In other words, their low tear resistance and high friction coefficient make them difficult to use in dynamic sealing applications.
VMQ-made O-Rings (Silicone rubber / Polysiloxane of Vynile-Methyle) are usually red-colored.
VMQ O-Rings availability
|O-Ring||Material||Hardness [SH A]||Temperature [ºC]||Check stock availability|
|VMQ||20 – 80||-60 to +160/+180|
Properties and advantages
- Engine oil and transmission oil
- Animal and vegetable oils and greases
- Brake fluid
- Hydraulic fluid resistant to fire
- Chlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons of high molecular weight (including flame retardant insulators and transformer refrigerant)
- Diluted saline solutions
- Ozone, ageing and weather
- And they provide a moderate resistance to water as well
- Silicone oils and greases
- Aromatic mineral oils
- Hot water and steam that overpasses 121 °C
- Acids and alcalyse
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons of low molecular weight (such as trichloroethylene)
- Fuelsbased on hydrocarbons
- Aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene)
The term silicone includes a large number of materials including VMQ (Vynil-Methyl-Silicone). Silicone elastomers have many remarkable properties among which a good resistance to heat and a high flexibility into cold environment. The also have a good resistance to ozone and ageing as well as excellent insulation properties.