Insert the measure
What you want to do?
Extruded X-Ring Cord, data sheet
|Profile||Material||Hardness||Temperature||Check our stock of spools|
|Black NBR||70 SH A||-20 to +100 ºC|
|Black FDA FPM75 Viton®||75 SH A||-20 to +200 ºC|
|Black FDA EPDM Keltan® For drinking water||70 SH A||-50 to +130 ºC|
|Red FDA VMQ Xiametre®||70 SH A||-50 to +180 ºC|
How about choosing an X-Ring Cord?
The extruded X-Ring Cord, with its four contact lips, provides many technical advantages over the traditional Cord-Ring:
1. On the X-Ring Cord, the flash line is located inside the outer lips, so that it does not affect their sealing effectiveness.
2. Extrusion, a usual problem in dynamic applications in which Cord-Ring is usually fitted, can be avoided or at least greatly reduced thanks to the X-Ring Cord. Indeed, this type of profile is much more stable in dynamic applications and much more resistant to twist due to its wider base and the occupation of the housing corners which highly reduces extrusion.
3. X-Ring Cord improves lubricant retention. The grooves on the inner and outer diameter of the profile retain the lubricant which results in a significant reduction in friction.
4. X-Ring Cord requires less compression force to reach an effective sealing. Indeed, its four-lips design gives a greater sealing area than the Cord-Ring. These multiple points of support require less compression to ensure an effective sealing compared to that required by the Cord-Ring in the same application.
5. The shelf life of the extruded X-Ring Cord is longer because it is subject to less friction and wear.
Extruded X-Ring Cord, table of tolerances
|Thickness||Tolerances (mm) NBR||Tolerances (mm) FPM||Tolerances (mm) EPDM||Tolerances (mm) VMQ|
|1,78||±0,20||-0,10 / +0,30||±0,30||±0,30|
|2,62||±0,20||-0,20 / +0,30||±0,30||±0,30|
|3,53||±0,35||-0,20 / +0,30||±0,35||±0,35|
|5,33||±0,35||-0,20 / +0,40||±0,40||±0,40|
|6,99||±0,40||-0,30 / +0,50||±0,50||±0,50|